Wednesday, September 14, 2011

[Free] Pittsburgh all-in-one sandwich

I'm basically writing this because I'm starving, but its good to get your feelings out, even if it is just hunger.


What you see here is a perfect combination of fresh Italian bread, drizzled with some olive oil, holding together a batch of freshly cut fries, some killer coleslaw, pastrami, tomatoes, cheddar cheese (i think), and a fried egg.  Add a little wine vinegar hot-sauce on that and you have yourself the best sandwich in San Fracisco, CA. 

The proud creators of this sandwich is Giordano Bros , 303 Colombus Ave on Telegraph hill in SF.  The owners are from Pittsburgh, and the restraint/bar carries with it, all of its Steeler routes, along with the obvious SF Giants feel as well.  Ive been going to this place since my cousin, who lives in North Beach, took me there, and ever since, its been my favorite sandwich.  My cousin's friend works there at the bar, and when I went there, he figured out it it was just my 17th birthday and offered me a beer.  He was kidding of course, bit it gives you a sense of the down to earth quality of the employees and customers there.  While a little messy, the sandwich has a surprising "artisan" quality, and every flavor seems to go together as if they were meant to be.  Their hotsauce is actually really good too, and every time I go there, I always forget to check what brand it is.

Anyways, the atmosphere is really great; people all over SF know of the place and you can always hear people talking about it or referring their friends to Giordano Bros.  There are always sports games on TV there, and its nice to just watch the Giants game while you eat your all-in-one.  The place has some nice outdoor seating and a bar table facing the street so people can just watch people walking by and observe the oblivious tourists from France or wherever walking by, unaware of what a great sandwich they just passed up.


Anyways that's about it....check it out tho, Giordano Bros in SF.  I even bought a tshirt from there

No comments:

Post a Comment