Tuesday, October 11, 2011

[FP] A different movie...

During my...I think sophomore year i saw this movie..





This is by far one the best movies, along with another one like it where 4 tribesmen from I think it was another part in Africa were hosted in a number of American family homes and immersed into the American culture with a variety of host families from ranchers, to NY upper class, and a California home.  Both the movie in the video and the one I forgot the name of have been real eye openers to me and to some of the members of my family I introduced it to. 

The sheer differences between cultures are so interesting and the histories of how people came to be who they are today is just fascinating.  The Sudanese "lost boys" have endured so much, yet do not hold grudges or hate anyone for what has happened to their families.  Their view on life is quite inspiring, and their interpretations of American materialism and attitudes are very humbling and heartwarming. 

I enjoy watching the big movies out in the theatres a lot no doubt, but mixing in documentaries, short films, and artsy like movies that arent advertised on tv have proven to be really beneficial to me. 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I would like to see this, it sounds good.
    It's really sobering to see that there are other cultures out there who value forgiveness more than faluts and grudges like we do here.

    ReplyDelete