Monday, October 17, 2011

[FP] My dream



Beginning in middle school with Mr. Dodge's (RIP) insightful and eye-opening approach to teaching science and about how it affects the world around us, I became interested in environmental sciences and also medical/biological sciences.  With a realization of the great amount of suffering around the world, both in third world countries and developing countries where people had no way of recieving adequate care or resources, I formulated somewhat of an aspiration from both personal goals and from the heart to keep me motivated in my study of the sciences.

In the past few years, I have been inspired by doctors from different backgrounds, moving to foreign countries and helping those in need there, becoming sometimes the only doctor in the area, and making such a profound impact.  This is very similar to my dream.  I would love to become either a pediatrician or some type of medical doctor, live in the city and develop my practice, then move to a foreign country in which I help those in need and set up a free clinic.  I would sponsor and hire students from all over the world- high school, college, etc. to work as somewhat of a internship, or perhaps to just experience something new while following their passions.  From this, I could open people's eyes to the world outside of theirs and give them an unforgettable experience from which they may build off of, help people that need my help, perhaps create a foundation for these clinics, and learn a lot from the people myself.  This dream sounds sooo ideal to me, as it reflects who I am as a person and what I would like to do with the time I have on this Earth.

This dream however will require a lot of hard work and sacrifice.  I would like to believe that I am capable of such a task, and that I will have the spiritual and physical endurance to take on my dreams and aspirations, as I am not only doing it for myself, but for many others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment